Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Pinterest Win: How to remove Heat Stains on Wood!

So I had this awful heat stain on my dining room table.
Ew
 
I found a pin on pinterest that linked me to HERE on creativity through food blog.  It says to use a cloth and iron the stain and it will disappear.  I was really nervous it would make things worse, but I really hate the stain!  So I did it.
 
After10 minutes of ironing the stain was no better!
'I was determined to get this stain out so, I googled it and found a DIY site HERE.
She did the same the same thing I did, dry iron with no results.  Then, she turned on the steam and it worked!!  My uber un-fancy iron has a spray setting that when you iron over it creates steam.  So, I tried both spraying the stain and the towel separately.  Using a damp towel made the stain disappear!
It did leave a super dry spot where the stain was, so I treated it with Old English after and Viola!
The table is a little shiny from the oil in the English so it was hard to get a pic without a reflection, but the stain is gone.
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. This worked for me too! Thanks for the tip about the slightly damp cloth, I don't have a strong steamer on my iron but that did the trick!

    ReplyDelete